Babesiosis from Blot testing (IGenex)

Babesiosis can not be determined by BLOT testing as done by our "friends" at Igenex. Banding only show s the presence of antibodies. While for some forms of Bacteria this is enough for a diagnoses, with Babesiosis, its a different thing entirely. Babesiosis is a parasite that is only active when found through microscopic examination (there are not a lot of labs certified to do so) and actually living inside RBCs

Babesiosis is ONLY transmitted by the Ixodes scapularis tick in nymph form. However you can develop antibodies by eating hamburger......It lives in cattle. Lyme does not come from the Ixodes scapularis nor is it carried by it.

What I am saying is that it is NOT a coinfection of Lyme except in the minds of a few unscrupulous LLMD and other "lyme practitioners." If you have it, it MUST be confirmed by a blood smear. The news is that it is almost NEVER symptomatic, and the symptoms it has when it is are nothing like lyme. Rather it is marked by nonspecific flu-like symptoms, such as fever, chills, sweats, headache, body aches, loss of appetite, nausea, or fatigue.that develops into, a special type of anemia hemolytic anemia. Because it is a Parasitic disease, it is not chronic. If you have had it "for years" you are dead.

If you have a lyme doctor treating you for it, he is a quack. trying to suck money out of your pocket. He needs hospital privileges, because that is where you are treated. This is a very serious illness when have it. It can be difficult to distinguish between Babesia and Plasmodium (especially P. falciparum) parasites and even between parasites and artifacts (such as stain or platelet debris). Your physician will send multiple samples to a reference laboratory confirm the diagnosis. Treatment includes dialysis and exchange transfusions as well as Quinine, IV anitbiotics (in a particular order)

Most people have antibodies for Babesiosis because we have all eaten beef, there are a few other "coinfections" that are the same way, We all have antibodies because we have been exposed. We have a lot of antiobdies because we have been exposed a lot.

The Band testing done to find these infections would also indicate that most of us have polio, chicken pox, mumps, measles, rubella, and just about any disease we have been vaccinated for. On more reason why we need to be careful of the pseudo-science called lyme literate.

Here is a Lymeland example on this topic.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/126290

Hi. Thank you for sharing this information. I have a doctor who says I have Lyme and is testing me for all these co-infections and says I have Babesia. So, according to you he is a quack and I must admit I am skeptical of all this when I only wanted some hormone replacement since I was quite stressed and sickly. Turns out my immune system is down and my vitamin D levels was dangerously low. But where I am confused is how these are BLOOD tests done at a separate lab, not in cahoots with this doctor so he isn't really making money off me by sending me for lyme tests and all these other viruses, etc. So, isn't a blood test definitive? And the books I've been reading are not by my doctor. They also talk about the co infections and parasites and confirm what he is telling me. I'm very confused. And yet something tells me to not just go along with this doctor either. I have been incredibly stressed for four years and I feel strongly a lifestyle change is what was needed. The lyme diagnosis is a real surprise.

The lab that they are using is usiing testing that is not difintive for Lyme. They provide the testing, the doc provides the "interpretation".

SuzieSunshine said:

Hi. Thank you for sharing this information. I have a doctor who says I have Lyme and is testing me for all these co-infections and says I have Babesia. So, according to you he is a quack and I must admit I am skeptical of all this when I only wanted some hormone replacement since I was quite stressed and sickly. Turns out my immune system is down and my vitamin D levels was dangerously low. But where I am confused is how these are BLOOD tests done at a separate lab, not in cahoots with this doctor so he isn't really making money off me by sending me for lyme tests and all these other viruses, etc. So, isn't a blood test definitive? And the books I've been reading are not by my doctor. They also talk about the co infections and parasites and confirm what he is telling me. I'm very confused. And yet something tells me to not just go along with this doctor either. I have been incredibly stressed for four years and I feel strongly a lifestyle change is what was needed. The lyme diagnosis is a real surprise.

Even the Western Blot Lyme Test? I was reactive to band 23

An IgG Western blot is considered positive if 5 of the 10 following bands are present: 18, 21, 28, 30, 39, 41, 45, 58, 66, or 93 kDa An LgM is only positive if 2 of 3 of bands 23, 39, and 41 are positive.

23 by itself means nothing.

Ok! Great! I don’t want Lyme. That still doesn’t help my crazy symptoms…but how do I report this unscrupulous doctor and get my money back or is this all so sketchy no one gets in trouble?

What does a indetermined mean on the igenex test? I had it on band 39 and I had 41 positive ?on the IGM

It means they don't know. At best its like getting a pregnancy test back that says ":sort of Pregnant" Aside from the fact there is little if any scientific basis for igenex testing on their additional bands, the ind designation is particularly worrisome as far to many LLMDs consider ind as +.