New and would like any help

:))
I haven’t been diagnosed I went to the hospital i got some i v antibiotics then they gave me the med orally to go home with I started to get better then I ran out and the Dr will not refill the script and all the symptoms are coming back so if you know of any help or if you know anyone who can help

Antibiotics USUALLY don't work the way you are describing as an antibiotic Likely you are getting an anti-inflammatory effect from them which is common. Often they are used as such in early arthritis/auto-immune treatment. But its a BAD idea long term I would run not walk to a good rheumatologist and/or ask your Doc for some prescription NSAIDS. It may take several to get the right one.

Thank you for your help do you know of a good Dr in the Michigan area most of the Dr’s here don’t think that there are ticks in Michigan and they don’t know anything about what to do for it I would appreciate any help that you can give me thank you very much

Also I read that it could be transmitted through marital relations I’ve been married for over 20 years and I wouldn’t want my husband to contract and feel the way I’m feeling is this something thats true or is it just a myth

I have a question.Are normal people immune to Lyme disease?

Lyme is not transmitted through sexual intercourse; only via the bite of a tick that is carrying Lyme. This is a myth.

sheila said:

Also I read that it could be transmitted through marital relations I’ve been married for over 20 years and I wouldn’t want my husband to contract and feel the way I’m feeling is this something thats true or is it just a myth

I’m not sure what you mean by “normal people”; anyone who is bitten by a tick carrying Lyme can get Lyme. The severity of the illness varies from person to person.You know, where some will take a single course of antibiotics and never have another problem, but then someone else will do the run of antibiotics and then find that they are having post-treatment problems.

Zach said:

I have a question.Are normal people immune to Lyme disease?

It's alwasy good to start with your primary care provider and then let them direct your care. If you've had a tick bite, it's very easy to get the labs done to find out if the symptoms you'ree experiencing are related to Lyme disease or something else. There are a number of conditions that have symptoms similar to Lyme disease, and post-treatment lyme disease syndrome. Regardless of the diagnosis, it's wonderful to have a good primary care doctor making your referrals or recommendations for providers.It can be so frustrating early on when you're not sure why you are feeling bad. I'm sorry that you aren't feeling so hot.:-(

sheila said:

Thank you for your help do you know of a good Dr in the Michigan area most of the Dr's here don't think that there are ticks in Michigan and they don't know anything about what to do for it I would appreciate any help that you can give me thank you very much

Dr Markowitz in Keego Harbour, has been treating Lyme for quite a while but it takes a while to get in.