I'm in your checkbook cleaning out your bank account.... Call me LLMD

Recently I have been looking for a new LLMD, not because mine isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread, but because he is 12 hours away. So I do a search and I find one 1 hour away! I'm more than thrilled!

I put in a call and she calls me back and tells me to go to her website and fill out paperwork and read her "welcome" information...

this doctor is a primary care physician and therefore is only alotted so much money from my insurance company, but she doesn't take insurance, she wants cash upfront. $350 approximately $146 dollar more than my insurance is willing to reimburse me for the visit. and if the visit goes over 2 hours, she wants another $180 dollars, $326 dollars over what insurance will reimburse me. Cash only please, no checks or credit cards (she has no credit card machine). I read further.

follow up visits are $180, this I can get my insurance to do...maybe. then $180 an hour if longer than an hour, again will come out of my pocket. she believes antibiotics will fight Lyme sufficiently but does sell natural products and takes cash, checks and credit cards????????

If you have an emergency situation, she won't be there, call your PCP.If your situation is not resolved, you may call for further advice. Emergency phone calls will be billed at $100 per 30 minute increments.

Seriously?

The doctor (notice no capitilaztion for respect) should take care of all of your needs in the office but if she doesn't routine telephone consultations up to 30 minutes are $100 prepaid by check prior to the phone call. So if you wake up monday sick, she'll get to you when your check gets there oh say friday.

Do I really need to go on? This person has no ones health in mind nor is she looking to protect herself from the insurance companies. She is in it to make money.

I'm apalled by her audacity. To add insault to injury , she works out of her home so she has very little overhead. If you come across an LLMD like this , keep looking. Some don't take insurance because they worry about getting paid due to insurance frowning on their practice but their rates should be comparable to that of a regular general practicioner not inflated to the point that you feel like you have to stop eating for a week to go to the doctor.

Si,

Thanks for posting this. It may prevent someone from getting majorly ripped off.

Ally

Guess you're gonna make the 12 hour drive? I surely would try to!

SK,

I am sorely tempted to. I love Dr, Gubb. I would recomend him to anyone 12 hour drive or more!

Si

Is your body well enough to do it? Mine could never make that kind of trip, I can barely be in a car for 30-45 minutes to go see my beloved Rheumatologist!

I still work full time, I've been in remission for 4 years until this little relapse wall I've hit now and I think he will treat me long distance again because I have a standing diagnosis.