Introduction

New to the group and thought I would introduce myself and my plight.

I was diagnosed with Lyme by my Ortho in Oct '13 from synovial fluid removed from a swollen and painful right knee. Was referred to a DO in Pa. where I was given a stealth test and found I had several co-infections. Was put on a series of herbal treatments as well as 90 days of doxy. My knee is worse and my other knee is now troublesome. I was also hospitalized in Feb with Afib (150 heart rate) which took 24 hrs to get under control, still have daily palpitations. In learning more about Lyme I realize I have had symptoms for many years and just didn't know. They include Tinnitus, Iritis, Epididymitis, Depression, Chronic Fatigue, Memory Loss, Neck Pain, Numbness in arms and hands, Shooting pain in feet as well as my psoriasis has worsened over the past 10 years.

I am searching for a new Dr. in or near NJ, but am hesitant to lay out $1,000 to $2,000 on the POSSIBILITY that a certain Dr. can help......so many good and bad reviews for every Dr, I find.....

I will post my progress as I go along and will look forward to any and all suggestions.

Be well....

Welcome! So sorry to hear about your situation. Finding a doc you can trust, and one who is capable is not easy, I wish you all the best. I recently joined this group (about a week ago!) and have found it to be a safe place to ask questions and most importantly for me - to vent :) If you're in a small community it's even harder to find a physician... I don't know how helpful this will be, but I've heard (I haven't pursued this angle, so please take this "with a few grains of salt") that one way to find lyme physicians is to talk to local veterinarians and dentists - the vets have "informal" info/contacts from talking to local physicians, and the dentists' patients tell them who's treating them for their lyme.

I've battled lyme for many years, in various forms ranging from tachycardia, monster headaches, seizures, tinnitus, arthritis, and a wide range of endocrine, digestive problems and autoimmune problems. I'm still working, and hope to work for many more years, but do best in a work-from-home position. How do you integrate lyme into your life/work? Does it make a big difference?

I'm sorry your life shifted so drastically - I'm trying to "plan ahead" and get ideas from others. I'm amazed at how strong, resilient and resourceful we can be, and I know we can help each other find our way through this too!

hi there... thanks for sharing your "story"... am so sorry it has been so painful for you for so long...( keep looking... there is some help out there...) keep in touch Richard

Welcome Mike,

Here is a link that may be of help to you!

http://www.lifescript.com/doctor-directory/condition/l-lyme-disease-nj.aspx

Welcome to the group Mike and thank you for sharing your story! This group is a great source of support, keep us posted if you find a doc! Many of us here have gone through similar experiences with fighting to find a doctor...I like LostGirl's suggestion to ask around at vets or dentists...Hope you are having a good day.

Hi Mikeeoinnj,

Thinking of you and hoping you are well. Let us know if you need to talk or have any questions! Have you found a doctor yet?

Yes....I have an appointment with Dr Fein next month.....keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed.

Great to hear you have that appointment! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you too!