How do you explain Lyme Disease to other people?

It is really hard as someone who barely understands, what this disease does to their body but just knows they are in pain all the time, to explain this disease. At this moment I am wearing two knee braces and my ankles and elbows hurt as well as my knees. I don’t know how to explain it to people… Please help

I realized long ago that trying to explain this disease to someone that is uninformed about it would be a task .Take into consideration of what stage you are in this . My condition is chronic due to years of misdiagnosis so . I guess my explanation when talking about my condition is somewhat simplified . Good luck and try to stay positive .

It’s so hard trying to explain to my husband about my disease. I feel ending it all. I’m a Christian and I don’t want my soul condemned. I’m giving up.

I am so sorry you feel this way. I know that the people who are best placed to offer support are the members here, I’m just a Mod Support person. But I’ve just popped in to say that there are links to crisis support on this site - you will find them through the grey ‘Help’ button under the banner at the top of the page.

All the best to you,

Christina from Moderator Support