How has Lyme impacted your relationships?

Any chronic illness impacts not just the one who is sick, but their entire network of friends. Which relationships have changed the most in your life?

Has your family been supportive during your chronic illness?

Jen,

I guess no one wanted to answer this question? It's been sitting here for awhile with no responses. It seems more than likely, for most, that family and friends don't understand and/or do not try to understand. My family, few that I still have, do not understand. People that I know who do understand have similar chronic illnesses. Personal relationships? Sure fire way to find out if someone is in it for the right reasons is to have a chronic illness. That's where the rubber meets the road, so to speak. Most are too selfish to hang.

On the bright side, I know at least two people personally with chronic illness, who have spouses who are truly supportive to them, not just in words, but in actions. It hasn't happened to me, but it sure is awesome to witness.

Are your family/friends supportive, Jen?

Ally

Ally,
My husband is very supportive. It’s a lot to ask when you have to care for someone round the clock. My friends except for a few I can count on one hand, have ditched me. That’s why I wanted to start this community. I really needed a solid support group that I could interact with anytime.
So a big thank you to you, Ally, as well as the other supportive people on here.

I don’t know where I would be without this community!!!

xx,
Jen

Jen,

You are fortunate to have a hubby like that. Makes big difference.

I'm so glad you started this group. It's great. You've done such a good job of it. I feel the same way, really need the support and friendships.

Ally

Hi, is there a section that I missing here that deals with relationships. I was only able to find these couple of posts. Thank you very much