Fatigue

Hi Everyone

I have found helping on several of the groups that fatigue is a very common problem for many of us.

Any ideas to share on how you are coping with it?

I'm not sure I have every really thought about coping with it. Since I am not working anymore, it isn't as much of an issue as it used to be, to be certain. When I worked though, it was a nightmare. Part of the problem is that I am such a night owl. I love being up after everyone else is asleep and it is finally quiet! Anyway, when I was still working, I was able to arrange my day so that I could take a nap in the afternoon. Usually, Iw ould sleep for 15 to 30 minutes. It helped a lot. At the job before that, I didn't have as much flexibility and only had a 30 minute lunch break. I still made it work. I made myself a smaller lunch and ate in my car. Then gave myself a 15 to 20 minute nap...depending on how quickly I could wolf down my food!

I found that smaller meals helped too. Instead of having a huge lunch, I had a snack in the morning, around 10am, and then my lunch at 1-ish. I made sure that I had good energy foods: a protein (usually cheese), a fruit and some veggies. When you're already fighting fatigue, heavy foods can really tip the scale and wipe you out for the rest of the day.

I have extreme fatigue, so much so, I'm bedridden. I tried D-Ribose when the fatigue levels first starting affecting my day to day activities and it did help to some degree. As I got worse, it stopped working and got very expensive, so I stopped using it. If your levels are still somewhat mild, you might want to take a look at it. It's carried in most health food stores.

Just as an 'FYI', I have tried a lot of different methods (acupuncture, acupressure, etc.),as well as supplements (I even had Vitamin B infusions) and wasted a lot of money as none of it helped at all.

Hope that helps a little. I'll follow the thread, as I'm always on the lookout for anything that will help! Thanks!

Andrea

I HAVE GOOD DAYS AND BAD DAYS. TRY TO MAKE THE BEST OF GOOD DAYS BUT IT WEARS ME OUT. STILL YOU FEEL GOOD ABOUT ACCOMPLISHING SOMETHING.THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS I CAN'T WORK, SO UNPREDICTABLE. IF ANY ONE KNOWS A BETTER WAY OF MANAGING THIS I WOULD SURE LOVE TO HEAR IT

THANKS

DEBBIE B

I use ‘‘CALM’’ Its a magnesium powder that gives a boost of energy. I get mine from our local health food store. Also, I take a BC powder everyday for a boost.