Quest Western Blot versus IGeneX?

Hi all!
I’ve been sick for about 2 years now. I have a lot of pain, tired all the time, unrefreshing sleep, brain fog, sensory sensitivity, chronic diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, basically the works. I’ve been diagnosed with CFS/ME by the Open Medicine Clinic. During the lab work up at open med, I was tested for Lyme using a Quest western blot. None of the IgM bands were reactive, but ALL of the IgG bands were reactive. Quest marked this as a positive test result.

I also had a IGeneX test done and the results are copied below:

IgM:

31 I

41 +

58 +

66 +

83-93 I

IgG:

31 I

39 I

41 ++

58 +

which they called negative.

I know the IGeneX is supposed to be more sensitive, but I don’t know what to make of a positive (all bands reactive) Quest test result and a negative IGeneX test. Any thoughts?

Hi,
Sorry you are feeling so bad for so long. When I had IgeneX testing, my doctor spoke to doctor at IgenX and they did an additional "confirmation " test on my blood right after (used same blood draw) and it confirmed that I was positive for Borrelia B and also Mycoplasma Pneumonia. Original test included Bartinella test also, plus EBV(Epstein Barr Virus). Do you know if they did a confirmation test after the initial results?