Newbie Check in

Check In : My name is Debby. I hope I’m checking in the right place. :slight_smile: I live in cental Maryland and was recently diagnosed with Lyme Disease. I know a lot of people who have had Lyme in Maryland but was taken completely off guard by the experience. Had NO idea so many severe symptoms could occur so soon after a bite (I still had the tick wound and a bulls eye on the back of my head/neck). I have one more day of Doxycyclene… and still have the headache I had prior to diagnosis… (like a migraine not quite happening but there in as a pressure at the back of the head)… there are some sinus pressures and pin prick stabbings in hands… so am wondering if the medication is working… The very worst symptoms have not come again … so maybe… I came here to learn… What I thought I knew seems to be wrong… Thank you for having me, and for sharing knowledge and experiences.

1 Like

Your aim is perfect, CloudDancer, and you posted in the perfect spot. /we’re pleased to have you join us. (We are NOT please that you have Lyme!)

As a newbie, there are a couple of things that you might want to do: one is to use our search feature (magnifying glass, upper right in the green banner). You can track down past discussions on topics of interest there.

From there, feel free to add to threads that you find interesting. The good thing about doing this (especially after a thread has been dormant for a while) is that everyone on that thread gets an email announcing your arrival and what you’ve said. Some of our best discussions are on threads that have been revived!

Of course, you can also start your own thread. If there’s someone who you’ve noticed who you’d like to include in the discussion, use the @screenname function. That will send them a message notifying them of your post.

We’re glad that you found us, and we hope that you’ll be glad too.

Seenie from Moderator Support

1 Like