Hello,everyone
I am New to lyme diagnosed September 16th 2015 not sure think I had for a little more than a month not sure though.Had flu like symptoms in August waited that out than noticed about a month later multiple bullseye rashes on body ER did bloodwork following said I tested + for lyme.PCP did 28 days of foxy been off for a week now. I have had aches in biceps ,right knee and hands also had a butterfly like rash on face acroos cheeks and nose. Is it possible my lyme is cured?

Sry Oct 16th was diagnosed

How are you feeling now, James? Have your symptoms cleared up?

It can tke a few weeks even after stopping the initial antibiotic dose to feel better. I would keep notes of your symttoms, though, just in case they don't resolve on heir own. Lyme can trigger autoimmune diseases to rear their ugly heads. Make sue to note any changes in that butterfly rash as well.

Welcome to the community!

HI James

Welcome to the group. Make sure to take pics of the butterfly rash.

Have not had flu symptoms for awhile (pre-meds) aches in hands,elbow knee was locked severe pain in it and stabbing like pain in left bicep. Have not been screened for any co-infections. P.S. Do not when I contracted the lyme.

Coinfections are EXTREMEMLY rare, and it is very unusual for people to have these in addition to Lyme. It sin't and should not be part of a reputable doctor's treatment plan to test for these without strong suspicion of their presence.

It's great that you are getting some relief with the antibiotic treatment. Again, it may still be a few weeks until you feel the full effects of that treatment, so you may still have some aches and pains for a few more weeks. It is possible, and actually quite common to be cured of Lyme with the initial dose of antibiotics. Most patients are. There are a rare few who have a more complicated infection and require further treatment. Then there are still others who have an autoimmune response to the Lyme infection and develop chronic autoimmune problems afterward. That;'s why we are commenting about the butterfly rash as it can be an indicator of an autoimmune disease. If you continue to have that rash appear and have joint problems that is definitely something you will want to report to your primary care provider.

i hope this info helps a little. You may also want to read our section on co-infections. It's under the discussions tab.

Thx everyone for the responses.