Anyone has cranio nerve pain?

Hi. I finally got diagnosed with Lyme 2 days ago after 3 years of pain and unusual problems…
One of my biggest problem is having cranio nerve pain… I thought I have Glossopharyngeal nuralgia with vagus nerve involved and trigeminal nuralgia.
But now I’m confused… If it’s from Lyme or I actually have those nuralgia.
I started oral antibiotic treatment… I have so much toghtness of throat and back of tongue.
Does anyone with Lyme have cranio nerve pain??

Hi Chizy. I have trigeminal neuropathy, as well as neuropathy in my right arm and right side of my ribs. I had Lyme, undiagnosed over year and got very ill. (2006-2007) Had prolonged antibiotic treatment, (2007-2010) got better slowly.

Then two years after end of treatment and end of Lyme I developed the neuropathy. It seems to be related -- when I had Lyme I had cluster headaches on the right side (another neurological pain disorder), and most of my symptoms were neurological.

So, yes, neuralgia, neuropathy, Lyme can co-occur.

Thank you for reply, pilgrim.
So, you already finished treatment for Lyme, and then you started nueropathy…
Do you take any medication for that??

I do take medication for the neuropathy. I have several medications I tried that didn't work and made me feel like a zombie, and now I am taking a small dose of oxycarbazepine -- an anti seizure med, Imitrex -- a medication for migraines that somehow reduces the severity of the attacks I get, and flexeril which minimizes the muscles spasms that arise from the neuropathy. In addition, with my neurologist's endorsement, I am working with medical marijuana. Let me say that was not my first choice, but after two years of trials on different medications, different treatments, I was ready to try it. Fortunately medical cannabis is legal in my state.

I would say that getting a good neurologist on board may be helpful.

Chizy said:

Thank you for reply, pilgrim.
So, you already finished treatment for Lyme, and then you started nueropathy..
Do you take any medication for that??

I have Trigeminal/Glossopharyngeal neuralgia and was positive for lyme in a western blot in 1999 but was never treated. Did antibiotics help you?