All of my Lymie friends have been a bit quiet! How is everyone?

I have a house full of grand kids again! They're helping Pap to clean out the boat house, sheds, garage, and have a yard sale. I always love having them here, just struggling to keep up!

What's up with you all?

Hi David,

So sorry there seems to be no end in sight, that has to be very hard to swallow! I am still ever hopeful that the right Doctor will be able to sort this out for you, and turn you around!

All of the groups seem to be quiet right now! I guess some can be end of summer vacations, getting the kids ready for school again, or like us, having yard sales!

Take care my friend,

SK

So glad you have insurance for the first time in years, lyme?. I hope you get to those answers sooner than later, keep us posted!

It has been a rough week for me. Been a bit quiet lately, sorry to drop off the map! I do not feel good at all. Very weak, cannot think, shaking, sweating, insomnia and GI issues. Hopefully the cycle will break soon! How is everyone else?

I hope next week is better for all of you.

Hi lyme? I don't have Lyme, but understand the crushing fatigue that can hit you and knock you down. Hope you can get through this, get your physical, and hopefully get through the testing with some solid answers.

Glad to hear something else positive about the new insurance. A friend works in a 'care home' and says the people there have better medical care in a few areas.

Good to hear from you, take good care,

SK

Hey sister,

Sorry you're down, but it seems everyone is MIA all over Ben's Friends. All the boards have been very quiet! When this happens I am ever hopeful that everyone is good and out doing fun things, but it's just not always the case!

We had the grand kids here for their help to have a yard sale, need to have a dozen more yet, I'm packing up the last one to leave as he has a dentist appt tomorrow.

Do take good care, hope you are feeling much better very soon!

Wishing you well,

SK

Thank you for the kind thoughts, SK. Trying to pull myself out of the darkness ASAP! Glad you had the comfort of family this week- what a blessing to have the grandkids around!

I know what you mean about yard sales- I had one last summer but already feel the need to overhaul the house and have another...too much energy right now though :) I hope yours was successful.

I hope you are doing well,

slmo

It was, but I think we need to have a dozen more to get rid of some of this stuff!

Summer has been exceptionally warm this year which probably hasn’t happened in about 75 years! Lol. Glad to have the break considering winter was so brutal.

My Rheumatoid symptoms of my Lyme has been intense as I finish a 16 week antibiotic cocktail and carry on with 2 different drugs - one an antibiotic, the other an older drug that was successful in putting Rheumatoid Arthritis in remission.

Trying to keep my attitude positive regardless and try and get at least 1-2 hours of cleanup done a day. This has been piling up for 3 years before I got my Lyme diagnosis. My house started to look like I was hoarding and I guess in a way I was because of the depression. Now I’m trying to get out of it and get it organized, put away and put the “stuff” I don’t use/need in the garage in hopes of having a garage sale in the Fall (when Hubby is home to help).

Best wishes for all others who may be struggling with their conditions. Remember - pace, pace, pace.

Hi Kalena,

Good to hear from you. Sounds like you have your hands full at home. We all let things go when we're knocked down by chronic illness. Either of the ones you mention are tough enough to handle without the combo.

We have started a similar clean out, but many yard sales will be need to remedy this. We end up with the belongings of the departed, and it takes forever to go through it and feel well enough to have a yard sale. Weather is surely a factor now that we removed the carport and chose not to replace it.

Having help at home is yet another factor, as it is certainly needed. We have began to pay the grand kids to come and help us with the things we can no longer seem to handle, but it's still exhausting.

I agree, pace when ever you possibly can, and be kind to yourself too! Drop in when you can, always good to hear from you!

Wishing you well,

SK

Hi Kalena62,

Great to hear from you! I like your idea to keep a positive attitude...I try to do the same but it gets so hard with different meds and the ups and downs of illness. I am on a new antibiotic protocol as of this month and find the change extremely difficult. I hope you get some more relief from your RA and that you feel better enough to get some chores done. My house is cluttered in spots, especially my stuff...I am not a strong organizer and have to do just one thing at a time. But like you said we have to pace...hope you are well, keep us posted!

I would love to dkel. I take antibiotics and Mepron for two weeks and then stop for two weeks and continue the cycle. The idea I believe is to let the Lyme and Babesia build up and get lulled into a false sense of security with the 2 weeks off. Then I go back "on" and attack full board. Not sure if it is working...the off period is absolutely terrible and the on period isn't that great either- hard to gauge which is worse but according to my family the "off" periods are far worse than the on. Here's hopein for the best...cheers,

Sariah

Thank you dkel. I am very hopeful about it - mostly because I don't have a choice but to follow instructions ;) I think keeping a positive attitude about it should help the effectiveness...you know that pesky mind-body connection always rules the day!